Please Visit Our Official Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

Behind The Big Hair & Sparkling Dresses of Barbie - The 52 Years of Positive Influence for Young Girls


I adored Barbie since I was a kid! I loved dressing them in sparkling gowns and big puffy skirts. But behind all that blond hairs, perfect Malibu tan & beautiful couture dresses of Barbie, there is a very powerful message that sends a positive influence to young girls all over the world “We girls can do anything! just like Barbie!", no dream is too big & nothing and no one can stop you to reach for your dream!



My very first Barbie was the "Crystal Fantasy Barbie". My Barbies had boxes brimming with tulle tutus, stylish suits, and pretty-in-pink dresses. Also her shinny blonde hair that I can came up with thousands of ways to style her hair, what a great memories it was!






I know many people complains about "Oh Barbie is too thin, makes little girl have self image issues..." but to me, they were fashionable, strong independent women who can do and be anything she wanted! Which I think it has bring lots of positive influence to young girls to role play on their dreams and knowing that she can be a Doctor, Rock Star or even an Astronaut! Nothing can stop her to be who she wants to be just like Barbie!

Astronaut Barbie




Barbie & The Rockers 1986




When my "Presidential Barbie" ran for President, nobody wondered if the world was ready for a female in the White House (Maybe that's why I wanted Hillary to win the white house in this past presidential election LOL).

To read the full story, please visit our official blog FashionistasDaily.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a true barbie fan, I love the fact that you do understand what a positive message Barbie used to be to us when we where little girls... I feel so sad that now barbie is NOT all that she can be...
I had many barbies all which not only had glamour and style, but they had an important career... either presidents, or astronauts, teachers, etc... now barbie only goes shopping and basically does nothing... not even that because she looks all agggg...

Post a Comment


Click To Visit Our Official Blog
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Like us on facebook

Subscribe Our Blog & Be A Fashionista !

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Our Sponsors